Monday, March 12, 2012

31 Days of Prayer for My Children: Day 1

First ignore misspellings; I am blogging on my iPod.

This blog was laid on my heart on Sunday and inspired by a very Godly mother I went to undergrad with.

I am committing to 31 days of prayer for my children. Why 31? Well Proverbs 31 gives me instructions on being a Godly woman, but what about the most important job I will ever have?

Dear God, I pray you minister to my heart and the heart of others through this blog series. Lord show me how you would have me raise your children. It is hard for me to grasp, so make real to me that these children are only on loan to me.


God my heart's prayer is to boldy praise and worship you. Let my worship teach my children how to praise. Give me confidence. Give me the heart of David...of Jacob.

--Ashley

Day 1: Dear Lord, give me the confidence to teach my children to praise you. God help me teach them true worship.

I grew up in a preacher's kid in a non-denominational church. Non-denominational=Pentecostal style worship. Growing up I remember praying...hoping for an uneventful service when friends or boyfriends came to visit our church. Sunday my brother in law visited our church for the first time. As the praise band started singing so did the devil. All of a sudden I was 12 again and so nervous. What if someone shouts?! What if God shows out?! One of my favorite songs started. As I bounced my ten month old and swayed back and forth, I had that all too familiar burn in my throat. (My husband raised Baptist first thought I was teasing about the burn. "You feel that" I'd say, that's the Holy Ghost). Anyway I felt God, I felt the burn. I almost audibly heard the devil say, "if you raise your hand he will think you are crazy...he may never visit again." I slipped my hand up for the chorus and quickly lowered it.

What is praise?
It means to commend, applaud, and magnify. Praise sends the enemy running. It is actions that express adoration. It is singing(Eph 5:19-20, Psalm 9:11)playing instruments(Psalm 150:3,5) shouting(Psalm 33:3 and 96:1-4) dancing(Psalm 15:4) lifting and clapping hands(Psalm 134:2 and 47:1), and being still(Psalm 46:10).

What does the Bible say about praise and worship?
-Offer the sacrifice of praise continually Heb 13:15
-Praise with instruments Psalm 150:1-3,5
-Praise with singing Psalm 100:2
-Praise by exalting him Exodus 15:2
-Praise all day long Psalm 35:28
-Bless his name Psalm 100.4
-Praise with a loud voice, worthy is the lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and
wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing Rev 5:12

1 comment:

  1. True praise...true worship required boldness. God give me spiritual boldness.

    ReplyDelete