Thursday, March 15, 2012

31 Days of Prayer for My Children: Day 4

THIS ONE IS DIFFICULT; I MIGHT AS WELL GET IT OVER WITH!

Lord, I pray my children remain pure. I pray they keep their lives, their minds, their hearts, and their bodies pure.

This is my prayer because:
-He who loves a pure heart and whose speech is gracious has Jesus for a friend (Prov 22:11)
-Because they are commanded in their youth to set an example in their speech, in love, in
life, in faith, and in purity (1 Tim 4:12)
-Because the pure see God (Matt 5:8)
-Because their body is a temple of the Holy Ghost and they are commanded to honor God w/it
(Cor 6:18-20)
-Because it shows reverence to God (Cor 7:1)

Purity isn't easy. Most of us are unable to say that we've always remained pure, treated our body like a temple of the holy spirit, and honored God with our body.

God, help me instill in my children the confidence and self esteem that purity requires. Help me to boldly and honestly use my life as an example. Lord these conversations will not be easy, so I am asking for confidence to initiate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment