Saturday, March 17, 2012

31 Days of Prayer for My Children: Day 6

"Blessed Assurance Jesus is Mine"

Hebrews 10:22

Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

I don't know about you, but the devil has tormented more than a few times by either questioning my salvation or reminding me of my past...reminding me of my mistakes.

Help me teach my children that:
-Salvation is theirs to receive through the ABCs. They must admit they are sinners, believe Jesus led a sinless life, died on a cross to pay their sin debt then rose again, and confess their sins to Him. (Rom 10:13, Acts 2:21)Help me teach them that salvation isn't a one time prayer. They're commitment to Christ should manifest as regular prayer, confessing sins, and studying His word.

-The devil is a liar! Do not listen to him; do not let him place guilt on you for forgiven sins. When we confess our sins God removes them as far from us as the east is from the west (Psalm 103:12). I often imagine what would happen if the devil reminds God of our sin. I think when God sees me he sees his Son's blood. I do not think he remembers my sin.

Lord my prayer for my children is assurance. I want them to be assured of their salvation and that their sins are forgiven. Help me teach my children what the Bible says about salvation and forgiveness so that when Satan torments them they can quote the Word to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment