2. Put fruits/veggies in food processor until smooth.
3. Pour into ice cube trays, cover with plastic wrap, and allow to set overnight.
When set pop cubes (one ounce each) and store in freezer back. Be sure to label it!

Reasons to make your own:
You know EXACTLY what your baby is getting
No preservatives, additives, pesticides, or chemicals
Cost saving option
Flexibility... endless combination possibilities
Organic
Rewarding... similar to breastfeeding in that I alone feel responsible for her nourishment
Top ten best food for babies: squash, lentils (sorry but I couldn't do this one), dark green leafy vegetables, broccoli, blueberries, avocado, meat, prunes, garbanzo beans (didn't do this either), mandarin oranges (not a first food-acidic-waiting on this one)
Seriously, if I can do this, you can!!
Each cube is 1 oz. Really easy to mix and match. My girls favorites were avacado and banana, yogurt and blueberry. (Dont have to cook or steam either avacado or banana. I pureed and froze avacado and smashed fresh banana in when they were ready to eat it)
ReplyDelete