I unexpectedly lost my 56 year old father a few weeks ago. The grief comes in waves, and it is powerful. I'm sharing a recent facebook post of mine below.
I just watched a video about a six year old who lost his mom at 4 and his dad at 6. He gives out small toys to random strangers to see them smile; he was tired of people hurting. So I wonder what did loss/grief do to you? Did it make you angry? Scared to carry on? Did it leave you broken, barely able to move? Did it steal your joy and take away your breath. Or did it make you courageous? Did it lead you to Jesus's feet, begging God to use you. Did you feel a calling? What did you do with your loss/grief? Who did you reach with it? Who did you comfort? Did you let it smother you? Did it drive you to drugs/alcohol/resentment? Or did it change you in ways too powerful to explain? You see this is part of you now. It's who you are.
Grief you've stolen enough of my joy; my hope is in the Lord. As I seek God, usually desperately and hysterically, I'm starting to see His plan. My prayer, is that you find his plan for you. #grief #joyinpain #godspurpose #praythrough #peace #thedevilsteals #loss #hope #death
Tuesday, August 11, 2015
Labels:
#death,
#godspurpose,
#grief,
#hope,
#joyinpain,
#loss,
#peace,
#praythrough,
#thedevilsteals
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment