Dear Gentry,
I don't want you to look at this one day and realize that your birth announcement is missing. I wish I had done this immediately after having you, but life was more than a little crazy with a newborn and a 17 month old. I am doing my best to not make you feel like a second child. I try hard to burn all the memories in my head and to take as many pictures and videos as possible. Here is your story:
I just couldn't wait to meet you! Emory's sitter was leaving to go out of town, so I was induced in my 39th week so that we would have help with Emory while I was at the hospital. We arrived at the hospital at 6am (your papaw and aunt Wendy drove me there). Nannie and Pop met us there. I had a pretty intense 2 hrs until daddy got here. (He let Emory sleep a bit and then dropped her off at the sitter's house.) Once he arrived I got an epidural which helped some but not enough. One side was numb, but the other was not. I did not have complete pain relief, was scared, and had to have my water broken with an incomplete epidural...YIKES! You arrived at 13:54.
We love you so much. You look like a little doll. Your sister came out screaming. You cried, but then got very quiet and just looked at me. You were oddly quiet but so sweet. Below are a few pictures of you. P.S. that isn't a "Southern Tan" as someone said. It is Tennessee Jaundice. :) One is of me right before we left to go to the hospital, one is of me and you after we got home. The picture of you in the dress was your going home outfit. I also included our first family photo. That picture was the first of many unsuccessful photos (baby bunching problems) :) Love you to the moon and back.





No comments:
Post a Comment